Monday 28 February 2011

Musical Nostalgia

This weekend I went to my friend's 29th birthday, was good to catch up but I couldn't believe we didn't eat until 10.30pm I was starved and tired! >.< I still can't get over the fact we've known each other over 5years now from back in the Myspace days.... I don't use that site anymore, I've even forgotten the password for it!

Well back to the anecdote...After we were kicked out of the bad @ 1.30am we went round to the Birthday Boy's house chilled out drank, smoked eating birthday cupcakes, listening to music - it was really chilled and really reminded me of the old college days
When one of James' friends started putting a bit of the metal music on with the likes of Avenge Sevenfold, and Killswitch Engage, it was just so nostalgic. What happened to those Metal days of mine?

Back in in the college days of Devon, I loved going to gigs with my mates, seeing so many bands hanging out in their tour buses.... It's interesting I used to be such a rocker, now my taste is so eclectic, to be honest I really miss going to gigs, going  crazy in the mosh pit, getting plectrums from the guitarists. *sigh* the nostalgia 

I think the problem with me is that now I'm in London, I'm spoilt with the choices of gigs to go to, and I end up doing other things too... hmm I think i should go to a metal gig when i'm bk from HK & find one of my gig buddies to come along

I still can't believe I found this photo of me in the mosh pit @ Killswitch Engage back in College days....  back in 2004!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment