Wednesday 9 February 2011

A Quirky place for Aternoon Tea

Ooh shame on me not clocking in with the blogging >.<" I admit being a busy bunny doing things like Zumba and getting distracted by watchin Gossip Girl and IQ 博士, an awesome Japanese anime from the 80s, so nostalgic ^.^

Well I was flicking through Stylist magazine during lunch last week and saw an article about great places for Afternoon Tea; shame we didn't check this out as my friends and I just been to afternoon tea at Sketch weekend just gone, (so 2 weeks ago.... a lot to catch up on!)

Sketch is a very quirky Restaurant/ Bar off Regent Street on Conduit Street. Has hosted Vivenne Westwood's after show party and re renouned for it's quirkiness and Egg pod toilets, I do not kid.
What I couldn't believe was that my friends and I had to queue an hour to be seated! Some people said they had reservations, but when we wanted to make a booking, they said they didn't reserve and that you had to turn up on the day... hmmm members only perhaps?

Finally ghetting seated, however sharing a table with another group of three, didn't really bother us, however the service was pretty slow, the waiteresses in their interesting paisley jacket/tops in their Converses; we had to ask them twice for things

Tea selection was not bad, I opted for a Mango tea, smelt like over cooked fruit, but tasted very light, but slightly rich. June and I only opted for the Tea and scones for £10.50 with an extra macaroon, since we both went to China Town for dim sum before the afternoon Tea.


Food was not too bad, the macroons were half the size to the average, but quite rich, fruit scones were really lovely seemed freshly baked the stodge topped me over cakes were not too bad from Yee's order as she oredered the whole afternoon tea. Though one the cake's was really strange, reminded me of one of those Chinese buns with the cripsy topping but a mini bite-sized version with a dollop of red icing on it... it did remind me of that bun, but also had jam in the middle

Vibe of the place from the crowd coming for afternoon tea, seemed well off slightly pretentious, but that's what you get with Sketch as it does posess the quirky decor, Alice in Wonderland's Mad Hatter's Tea Party feel. Very dim lit making you pretty sleepy

3*'s out of 5 my review!

Appologies with the bad spellings and grammer - lunch time blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment