Friday 18 February 2011

Fashioness

Well Pure London has just come and gone over the weekend till yesterday. They Split the venue to 2 locations- Kensington  Olympia for the contemporary range and Earls Court for the you fashion and menswear.


Was kind of good but kind of annoying as the inspirational things were in Olympia still, I felt in Earls Court I was constantly going round in circles though the place wasn't that big, but everything looked similar!
Couldn't believe Katie Price was in on the Sunday and debuting her Collection - no offence to them but quite tacky My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding esque, a lot of poly! Well I escaped seeing the show as had other things to do, can't blame me! Hehe!

But all the stand I have to say seemed quite similar. Repitition of sublimation prints particularly the florals, pastel shades. In the Trend seminar I left half way to be honest I wasn't that interested - 70s look revival, acid bright colours (Marc Jacob, Jill Sanders) and nudes/camel colours (Celine)

Good thing about Pure, seeing what buyers are potentially getting for the High Street, as it's fast fashion, so need quick turn around to be trend leading/ straight off the catwalk, and of course getting freebies, particularly reuseable bags & food! I can't help bagging freebies! ^.^


I will have to admit there were some quite Essex-esque things going on at that show....

Well along with that fashion weeks are coming along London lands on us TODAY!! Damn! I'm supposed to be not partying.... Fashion week can be an exception! hahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment