Tuesday 5 January 2010

One of those Essentials....... Jeans



New Year started, first day back in the office for many, revision for some others, or just chilling with the flow!

Not great start for a Monday, damn tubes and signal failures *cough* stupid district!!! Made me 40mins late for work!!! grrr!!!

After work, it was my mission to replace one of those necessities..... the Skinny Blac
k Jeans.

Mine have been fantastic for over 2 years, but they need to retire since holes are being created at not such good places. Like guys, I have trouble getting decent jeans!!

After working in the Denim Section of Selfridges, I realize Men do have troubles finding that perfect jean, surprisingly the majority of men I helped out had the troubles of big thighs! hmm I think I know more about mens jeans than women's.... I'm not complaining, good knowledge to have though save it for another time. hehehe

But swiftly on to my anecdote. Oxford Street the easiest place for me to hit, first Shop, Mango. Thinking they're on sale they usually do good jeans & my worn and torn ones are from there, can't be too difficult.... WRONG!

Some decent looking jeans £20 can't complain, tried them on, they're more a slim straight leg, not my cup of tea, saw few other styles included the distressed, ripped, some with elastane inserts?!! Man these Denim Designers think of all kinds of Styles

Next Stop, Bershka. Big NoNo, wide waist bands! No! not my thing & the Denim, not very thick!
Next door, Zara (hmm seem to hit the Spanish High Street brands) Jeggings Definitely not my thing, tried on a pair of acceptable jeans; just one problem.... 4 inches TOO LONG FOR MY LEGS!!!

What is the average Reg inner leg for a woman these days? 30? I know men's is 32

At this rate I was even considering getting a Pair of Dr Denim's Men's Jeans I tried on @ work for fun, they were good, couldn't complain about the price either... £55
I even took a stab @ H&M, waste of time, & the thought popped into my head, Denim Garment Tech.... can be a possibility for me, but I still don't want to specialize yet! But Seriously, denim's a whole world of their own!

Last shop I thought to before I was an angry cat to say "Screw I'm getting those Dr Denims!"

Uniqlo. An acquaintance I met at a "wag" dinner party on the weekend, she told me Uniqlo do good jeans and suit the oriental figure, so I thought why not give them a try!

Very good fit, Can't complain £30 and free alteration service for my 28-inch legs!

Finally New Jeans ^.^

now it's just having the heart to throw the old ones away....

On a final note if i had the pennies I'd want a pair of Tight Long Johns (Skinny Tube Leg) From Nudie Jeans!! but £95-£130 is a bit steep depending on denim.... & yea, they're Men's Jeans! hahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment