Monday 6 June 2011

Shabba dabba Rah!!



Shabba Dabba Dah is the monthly event over in Shoreditch's Avalon club. Filled with all the fashion clad who dress to the nines in how they feel and won't be Judged but admired and complimented. It's the new wave from the Boombox Scene.

Now West London has now launched Shabba, where the night is called Shabba Dabba Rah Friday night was it's first launch night over at Movida by Oxford Circus.

As I was waiting for a friend to get into the club, I was very confused. There was a queue if girls dressed in tight body con dresses, high heels, fake tan and hair extensions; very Only Way is Essex type of crowd. I was thinking this crepe I'm sure are not for Shabba!!

The club was actually split into two sections, bottom part with dance floor for the crowd mentioned above and the top section was for Shabba and the fun artistic gashionistas.

I really do admire what the crowd stylize and create with their outfits or makeup.

Music-wise there was dance, house, dub step overall some not bad music played; however I will say that music in Shabba Dabba Da is more fun with feel good vibes. Maybe it was because it was a Friday night, my work mate & I felt so tired and left the venue 2-3am, could have been long day in the office, the darkness of the venue or the mixed drinks we consumed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment