Friday 3 June 2011

Workmanship in Fashion

I am happy I am finally able to be able to blog a bit more now some activities are cut down, sort of…
 The office lately has been dry due to fact there haven’t been many orders coming in from retailers, problems with budget cuts a lot of people in the fashion world are feeling the squeeze
Honestly, I’ve been driven bonkers this month by factories making things wrong, with our fast turn over orders we have to maintain delivery and deadlines or fines & cancellations occur. The factories have been pretty slow in giving us samples, and what drives me mad is that they don’t bother checking the samples before sending it to us; though the Bulls**t about saying they did check the goods.
But as they arrive into our office they’ve looked pretty shoddy and I have to go bonkers at them for not checking, causing delays to deadlines and deliveries…. Hmm gone a bit too work mode talk for my liking here ( “ , )   
Here’s images of failures they joys they create that my Garment tech self encounters

Left: Approved for production Right production sample recieved, Hem uneven WRONG!!


Uneven Hem rib FAIL!

Unfinished corner of hem, Sreiously! >.<

You may think I'm being nit picky, but it's part of my job. Well at least it's not as bad as some other factories garments I've seen.....



No comments:

Post a Comment