Monday 13 June 2011

Night in the Zoo to B&Q (well not really)



Instead of the Science Museum for a change, my friends and I decided to venture to London Zoo after work on a Friday evening. We couldn’t help taking up the opportunity especially Groupon doing the deal for £9, absolute bargain!!

I have never been to London Zoo before and was definitely one of those places to go explore in London. I think what puts me off the zoo is the cost, finding the company and of course what every London dweller in conscious of, time and weekends tend to be overcrowded with families.


I find the problem with going with a big group of friends is that you need to wait for them, especially when you’re coming from work, everyone is based in all parts in the M25 Bubble, so of course we were a bit late, didn’t get into the zoo till about 7.30pm, the animal rooms were opened until 9pm, so we had a lot to go through.

We decided to split up in twos to make it easier; unfortunately I didn’t get to see all the animals, gorillas my friends said were really amazing and there was drama in their room as there was a bit of a scrap with the male vs. female gorillas.

Seeing the animals were very fascinating especially the giant ants, birds of prey and the new enclosure for the penguins, they were so cute!! ^.^ It’s a shame I didn’t manage to get to see the meerkats, giraffes and nocturnal animals as they were on the other side of the zoo!! >.<

Good thing about late night events, no kids! The ability to walk around without any bulky prams, children screaming, and allowed to take alcohol around apart from some areas like the bird cages as the birds may knock it off your hand! Bonus with the late night events is that they have the silent disco as well, I didn’t bother going as I’ve been there and done it, but it’s a definite experience very fun! Wasn’t so happy with the cost of food and drink; however it was nice the individual tents serving different varieties of food, funny bit was the hog roast that was actually not far from the bearded pigs!!
This trip is definitely worth going but the duration of 2½ hours in the zoo wasn’t enough for me, should have got there about 6.30-7pm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment