Tuesday 21 June 2011

Horse riding weekend away


My friend asked me whether I fancied going on a weekend Away to go horse riding. I thought why not it's quite a good deal, £200 all inclusive of Travel, horse riding, food and accommodation.

So off to a Welsh village near Brecon  via the mini bus that picked us up from Ealing Common station; I was a bit sceptical because of the poor weather conditions, but in the end it didn't really bother me; when it rained, it poured in sessions!

The accommodation was at the organiser's farm house, was basic amenities, but was fine bonus was there was a hot tub in the garden!

During actual horse riding day was a good little adventure but 18 of us lined up on horses did slightly slow the pace of things. Majority were beginners in riding and couldn't control their horses who lingered to snack, one girl slipped off her saddle twice because it was too loose on the horse. Was funny when one of the horses started playing with the water as we crossed the river.

Evening was chilled majority of the people were playing this murder mystery game, but I chilled with my cognac and lemonade with my magazine by the fire- very unlike me for a Saturday evening but was nice (^^) I didn't join the game as they spoke Mandarin, a dialect I'm poor at (mental note, still need to have lessons in that language of throw myself to the actual country to learn it!!)


This is a lovely escape out of the city, unwinding and getting aching thighs from the riding. Was quite a bit of me time which is nice, since I wasn't really able to participate in some conversations. It's a good break for a large group of friends especially if it was a birthday, Tony the host makes a treat of a Baked Alaska, very yummy (^.^)

Definitely would recommend this trip to people

http://www.bushwakkers.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment