Tuesday 5 July 2011

Damn Temptation




Shopping-Bags.jpg
I've now worked at my new office for three weeks now, still a lot to grasp and remember their ways of working; but I suppose that's normal. I like the fact this company does flexi time, the commute I'm getting used to now, bit being so close to Oxford Street is the worst thing for me! 
Summer Sale has been happening, I've already had a browse in Selfridges 4 times already & 3 of the times I brought something (ーー;) damn the sale, I have been doing so well in not spending much on clothes then I go on a bit of a spree. Currently at this summer sale, I've spent just over £100... Lucky I have gift cards! 
As I'm now in a new job, I consider it a new job treat! (typical girl I know!) I think this year I've gone through a sportier looking phase of minimalism, as lately clothing wise my eye has been on the nice basic shapes. 
High street are doing many nice basics in a different range of colours, or if you want to indulge, quite a few pieces by T by Alexander Wang are pretty simple but with a twist. Not bad ranging from £20, but were out of my budget range. I really liked this Acne vest with a placement print- I completely disagreed with the price of £40 for it.
Made out of thin jersey and to be honest I could easily make it! For typical me my Achilles heel, no pun intended is for shoes!! I was on a serious hunt for a nice pair of wedges; wish I ended up buying the pair in HK I saw! However all the styles I saw were missing that je ne se quoi. The designs were either quite nice but if it had more platform, better or the shape was quite clumsy for my feet. I saw this pair of neoprene zip detail wedges by Beau Coop.
Very mad style but they were so comfy!! Selfridges struck again on me as I fell in love with a sporty pair of grey canvas lace up wedges only cost me £20 I'm happy (^.^) but if it were me to design the shoe, I would have wanted a bit of platform at the front for more comfort! Hmm I wonder what being a shoe technologist is like....
So as it's the Summer, I also needed some new sandals. They were simple, cost me £8, however crap to run around in! Along with this Summer trend, of course many women own a maxi dress. I however didn't own one until this weekend, because I felt they were too long for me as I’m short (~_~;) damn New Look. Well at least it was only £9!! 
Ok I am now forbidding myself going shopping clothing wise until Winter Sale, as I want a nice leather jacket, don't own one of those yet

No comments:

Post a Comment