Monday 1 August 2011

iTunes Festival at The Roundhouse

This year the tickets have been so difficult to win and obtain, iTunes Festival is getting more and more popular as the years go by and the line up of artists get better.

It so disheartening when you get emails from iTunes of the band’s name, and then saying, "Thank you for applying for iTunes Festival tickets. Unfortunately you have not won tickets". As my mate said, if you want to be rejected 20 times or more, apply for iTunes tickets! (o_0)

Fortunately I managed to go iTunes twice this year o(^_^)o being a spontaneous lastminute.com helps and winning a pair of tickets from Metro, the only other time I tried my luck in getting tickets.
So first gig I went to see at Roundhouse was The Script. My friend spontaneously asked if I wanted to go that afternoon. I thought why not as I didn't have any other plans and Zumba was out of the question as was suffering split shins from the 10k run ( ; _ ; )

The warm up act was Loick Essein, I didn't know who the hell he was until he sung his popular hit at the end, making me think "oh, that guy!" was a good performer too much rnb/soulful music for my taste to be honest.
When The Script came on the vibe was really positive. Many people were singing along including me, and was good the band worked the crowd; I was really impressed how good they are live- nice gig for a Tuesday night (^。^)
Then on the Monday 2 weeks after, I won tickets to see 2 Cellos & Lang Lang. I was expecting a lot of classical music from the sounds of their names.

I was very entertained by 2 Cellos Croatian musicians who became a real hit on Youtube, where they twist it up by playing modern rock music on the modern electric instruments. They really worked the crowd! Was amazing that they also got a drummer in so they played a really well know 80s rock song I've forgotten the name of and "Highway to Hell"
They even did an encore which was really good, still can't think what the name of the song was...

Then final act of the evening was Lang Lang. Slightly short Chinese guy but had a lot of spirit in him especially when it was just him and the piano. I was amazed at how well he played and was fascinated at the speed he played was intense, but something about a gig i usually relate to rock than classical.



But Roundhouse is a good venue for all genres. However I wish I had a seat for his performance; though I was wearing trainers my feet hurt after the 20min performance as I wasn't really moving or dancing to the music. Thought was really funny that after his performance, fans gave him flowers. I bet none of the other artists who performed got flowers (^_−)−☆

No comments:

Post a Comment