Saturday 23 July 2011

Nail Art


I always enjoy nail art since I was a kid, painting them, pierced them when the craze happened in the mid 90s and even brought fake nails, but those didn't last long as I hated them! :P


I will admit, I did enjoy having my nails pierced though needed long nails, and I managed to make little charms for the pierced nail too ^.^ but this was when I was about 14!! Over 10 years ago!! I wouldn't mind doing the piercings again, but will be too impractical, as I work with garments and catching the accessory on the fabric causing snagging will not be good! Lucky I don't work with knitwear atm!!


Sophy Robson's Salon people were doing manicures for free over in Shabba Dabba Rah beginning of the month, there were so many colours and styles to choose from, so I decided something bright and stripy! ^.^ Definitely recommended 






www.sophyrobson.com 


But back in the 90s there was some really decent nail varnishes I remember buying in France a lime green nail polish where you could peel the paint off when you had enough with it; so didn't require nail varnish remover ^.^ 


In Boots for £3 in the bargains, the nail varnish was the type that cracked I don' remember what the brand was called but I'm sure I've still got them in Devon, hopefully not dried out! (O.o). Unfortunately with this brand the nail polish was really effective, but the paint just flaked off which was a real shame.


Rolling to over 10years later Barry M release the same type of nail vanish in a fair few colours, best bit is, the polish doesn't flake off like the previous brand used. I really like that the varnish dries with a matt finish, but you can top coat it to make it last longer and have a glossy finish, £3.99 for the bottle, quite a bargain (^.^) 

No comments:

Post a Comment