Sunday 7 March 2010

Nomadic Chic


Argh! I’m so slow with blogging, though I do admit it takes me a while to research and see what is strong enough to post! I admire those who are able to blog everyday! Once a week is enough for me methinks!!

I was actually contemplating whether to actually put this post down on my blog. I’ve been thinking about this for a few weeks now, my style is evolving, I’m really loving layering due to it looks really fun & the joyful cold we’ve all had to put up with, needed to warm up and layer up, but hey it looks good!

I realised since last week I’ve been doing a fair bit of interesting layering! & I consider it a bit more of “Nomadic Chic” I know I know what the hell am I on, I didn’t want to contradict myself in the English language but I think Nomadic would be the correct term, free wandering traveller, urban twists I would say to style! I miss my green knitted hat, damn it falling out of my bag in London bridge station, it’s now in a world of doom!!

For me, clothing wise I’m enjoying layering up knit wears mixed with jersey cardis, I do admit to wearing dark colours, so I add colour with the old make up or accessories, those who know me long & well enough, the plastic neon bead necklaces I’ve got ar

e always a winner!! ^.^ I am also going through a scarf phase really old pieces I’ve had for over 5years real textures to them & now I bring them back out & love them!

I really need to get my adobe stuff sorted on my computer, picture editing is so restricted without it!!

Layering has been a very popular look cold places in Europe do it well such as Denmark and Sweden but it's also practicality as well as looking good. Not to mention volume is a bit of a love love!

I find label wise would fall in the Nomadic Chic, def Rick Owen’s & I’ll say I’m feeling Alexander Wang’s pieces Gareth Pugh was the one who started it off, as we've got some development pieces with such interesting textured fabrics that made me think of his work , but don’t want to overwhelm with labels, it’s all about styling to make thinks piece together!! Though High end High street I would say likes of Religion, Bolongaro Trevor, grudgingly All Saints (mental note, need to find alternative to that label!) but come to think of it these three labels started out by the same people!

No comments:

Post a Comment