Tuesday 26 June 2012

Radio1 Hackney Weekend




On the weekend I went to my first festival! I know right? But the thought of camping I don’t mind, but I just have trouble with justifying with the travel & ticket prices. However day festivals I’m ok with.
I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the Hackney weekend, when I asked my friend who also had tickets I asked her which day, she said Saturday…. Crap I had Sunday ticket, such a shame that Radio1 tickets you don’t have a +1 but oh well

I managed to find a friend to go with luckily, I’m fine with flying solo, but it’s more fun with company.
We didn’t get to the Hackney Marsh until 1.30pm and it only took us 40min to get in, better than some people who took 3hours to go through.
Saw so many bands and listened to quite a bit of Dub Step, which isn’t usually a choice I would go for, but I had a good time dancing and bouncing away to Skream & Benga


Santagold was entertaining, wish we stayed a bit longer to watch but wanted to see other acts, Shame when we were watching Plan B perform it started to pour for 10min, luckily I had my umbrella and jacket! Florence and the Machine I thing would have been good if we stood around a decent spot of the stage, the music from the sound systems let me down, which was a shame.



Azzelia Banks sent the Tent jumping with her final song “212” good tune!! Just Banging!!

Jessie J was really entertaining to watch a very good performer too! What made it better was the sun finally came out and there were very little clouds in the sky ^.^

Couldn’t believe we saw 14 different acts, I was exhausted at the end of the night and thighs were killing as we only sat down and rested for 10mins during Lana Del Rey. However Dizzee Rascal who was the special guest, perked us up with his tunes especially “fix up look” sharp & “Bonkers”


Finale was Rhianna, which was good and entertaining, was awesome that Jay Z showed up as well and did three songs with her, but not sure how much lip-syncing she did. All I can say was I loved her eye make up and she has some very toned thighs!!




Radio 1 Big Weekend festivals are definitely a great musical adventure and so cheap for so many acts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment