Wednesday 6 June 2012

New Cupcake fun!


This Bank Long Bank Holiday weekend has been a good one - 4 day weekend ^.^


I really wanted to do something practical! My housemate gave me her print outs of recipes she wanted to try experimenting, so I decided to try out "Black Sesame Cupcakes with Green Tea Frosting"


I have decided to share this amazing recipe:-


Ingredients 


Cake mix
40g Butter
40g Granulated Sugar (I used Golden Caster)
20g Black Sesame powder (I ground it fresh with a Pestle & Mortar)
15g Honey
1x Egg
3 Tbsp Milk
100g SF Flour (I used Wholemeal to be healthier)
1 Tsp Baking Powder 


Frosting


300ml Double Cream
150g icing powder (pending your personal taste or thickness)
2 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
Sesame seeds for garnish


Pre Heat oven to 160C/ Gas mark 4


Method


Cream Butter and Sugar until fluffy


Mix rest of cake ingredients, but don't over work


Put cakes mix in the paper cases & put in over for 30min (or until you poke the batter with a toothpick & comes out clean)


Rest the cakes on a wire rack


Icing sugar just pour cream into bowl with matcha powder, 


gradually add icing powder whisking away until you have stiff peaks


once cakes are cool, apply icing to cakes


Enjoy! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment