Monday 18 June 2012

A Perfect Sunday

 I admit it is nice to have a free day with nothing to do but something spontaneous. As I went out to water the plants in the morning, my friend Whatsapped me asking if I had any plans. I thought why not join her to Brick Lane and Columbia Market as it was a sunny day for a change.

What made it better was 3 other girlfriends joined us, which made the company even more fun, including my friend Maggie, who I haven't seen for quite a few months; plus was the first time to see her in the daylight hehehe :P

She was so excited to come out with us, as it had been a long time since she's headed East on a Sunday as we passed Petticoat Lane as we passed it to go towards Brick Lane

I have to admit, Brick Lane is the best on a Sunday ^.^

After lunching in Brewer House, we ventured over to Columbia Market, as it's the first time Wendy & my Cousin Jade have ventured to Columbia market, was such a good day out and perfect timing as 3pm onwards, the stalls usually start closing up and the bargains come in ^.^

Maggie was so easily excited it made me laugh, complementing strangers' buys from the market, shame hayfever kicked in and we all were sneezing (=.=")

As we were about to leave we all decided on heading into this Vintage shop with a quintessentially quirky coffee shop called Cake Hole

The afternoon tea of scones & tea was just amazing, the Boss Louise was just so lovely, and Maggie was just so chatty it made us laugh XD

What was such a sweet surprise was that the boss gave us some free cake as it was end of day & we did a favour to her asking some other patrons to move around slightly so the five of us were able to sit together. She told us that customers were usually arsey with her if she asked them to budge up. 



They need to make business as they are only open 2 days a week and of course they'd want to be able to get as many customers in as possible

The cost for Afternoon Tea for 1 person is only £6.50, much cheaper than some high class Mayfair hotels and is not as pretentious, plus the food tastes so fresh

I would definitely recommend people going to this sweet place and will definitely want to visit this place again ^.^

This was such a perfect Sunday, no rush with good company and only spent under £5 everyone's happy (^.^)


No comments:

Post a Comment