Sunday 17 July 2011

Exploring East Central




Gosh it's been a while since I've actually got round to composing a new blog post >.<" work has been busy and then after work activities take over making me get home late and just sleep! Bit of the rat race lifestyle me thinks (-_-)

Last weekend after Japanese class, I chose to skip Zumba, as I needed to rest my legs before the race (10k run in Central) the next day.



So my friends and I decided to head over to Farringdon for lunch. they told me they were going to Exmouth Market and try out this Japanese cafe called Necco cafe; I was intrigued as I have not really explored Farringdon and sounded interesting so tagged along.

Exmouth Market is actually a street full of different cafes and restaurants, a very relaxing street, but no markets; I felt a bit mislead. But I'm sure the place used to have markets back in the day!

There were just so many varieties of food you could have, from Italian pasta, Spanish tapas, bakery classics, to local English food that were jellied eels. Many of the eateries had some nice cosy decor to something very trendy and quirky.



But Necco Cafe was really sweet little place with Japanese food that was so yummy and not too expensive, I definitely would recommend this place. The food was so homely especially the brunch bento that was in three layers, a lot of heart was put into the food (^-^)

Their desserts were quite nice too (o^.^o) I tried their green tea Tiramisu which was so yummy and not too rich.

I really thought Necco cafe would actually have some felines around, but I suppose it's just the name of the place, as I know in Japan there are places where you can pay to pet young animals such as cats or puppies (^^) But not this shop, I suppose sake of hygiene with cats running around the place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment