Tuesday 28 December 2010

December Disaters


Ooh, I’ve just realized I’ve not blogged for a while, it’s been a very busy December with work, weather and living not in the same place; here’s the anecdote

Birthday happened so was pretty merry and drunk of course, but a long with that, I’ve had to crash round friends placed as the bathroom was getting refurbished redone so needed a place to shower hair started getting quite greasy & brushing teeth in the kitchen made the neighbors have an interesting sight! Pretty much sucked, so usual routines had to change

Next off was week before Christmas, the other garment tech took off for Christmas holiday, so I had to man the fort >.<” It was very very tough and  stressful as there was so much to do getting everything sorted before Christmas, last minute fast orders sigh so much in the multitasking departments that I had to stay in the office till about 7pm to finish things

Well mainly work caused me to get the most stressed; factories in China pressuring to get things approved and get graded specs from me; because they want to get everything finished off before Chinese New Year as the factories close for 2weeks; a big impact on suppliers trying to maintain deadlines.

Then of course the weather caused an impact on me feeling quite pessimistic for Christmas, worrying about Dad’s Flight back to UK from HK and was rescheduled for the next day & he took some quite lucky turns. But as he came back home, Mum’s got this really bad lurgy causing her to cough really badly * sigh* so original plan of going to Midlands cancelled. 

The question was – where should I spend my Xmas?? Had a ticket from London to Stafford & I also have a ticket for Exeter to London as original plan was going to be train to Midlands, car to Devon and Train back to London for NYE.

In the end chose Devon with the folks and hitched a lift with my Brother & Sister-in-law as hey were spending Xmas there, so good came out of things. I’m chilling out and completely slowed my pace down, feeling lost in the greenery/snow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment