Saturday 23 October 2010

From London over to Budapest



I can’t believe it’s already been a week since I took my long weekend break over to Hungary’s Capital, feels like I’ve never left the capital! So Thursday evening after work missioned over to my travel buddy’s place in Canary Wharf before we had to wake up 4-5hours later to Luton Airport for our early morning flight with Wizz Air. A name sounds funny; sounds a bit fake but was a genuine airline, just a small company.

Seriously, leaving Canary Wharf at 4.30am who’s happy as Larry that early? I was more slightly grumpy but very witty with my usual humour!

The plane was pretty busy fair few groups; stag dos blokes getting drunk on the plane at 8.30am?! But Wendy & I mainly slept on the plane.

Arriving to Budapest, sun was shining, air was ice cool but refreshing, the sun warmed us up which made it better.

As we put our baggage in the hotel, chilled out and freshened up; we decided to head out and explore the going on in the Pest, Buda is the old side and the other side of the Danube River.

Why even out of the UK there are still men honking their horns at women walking along side the road?! If it was England, late in the evening, I’ve had a few I’ve be lippy & make hand gestures.
Wendy & I were already getting a bit snap happy with the scenery around us, Buildings on the Buda side looked amazing.

Checking out the usual touristy spots, Parliament, St Stephen’s church many other places. The architecture was beautiful, very detailed stone carvings, with a gothic feel.

Taking a visit into Margret Island in the middle of the Danube River was a beautiful escape, it definitely felt like autumn on the island, the leaves of rich shades of burnt orange and shades of yellow were falling onto the ground, joggers and cyclists around the island. Definitely a perfect Sunday, strolling and seeing the amazing pieces on the island. From the War monument on one end of the island, the ruins of an old church in the middle and finish off by seeing the Well and Japanese garden at the other end of the island.

Overall a wonderful escape, I thirst for more sight seeing adventures! ^.^





No comments:

Post a Comment