Tuesday 24 January 2012

Chinese New Year 2012


Of course 2012 being the year of the Dragon it's to be the best year; we shall see right?


Usually party animal me is out and about partying on the weekend with friends, however this year I decided to do something a bit more intimate and fun - House party!! My friend ended up hosting at her flat, everyone was to dress up in stereotypical Chinese for the event; so I ended up dressing up as the Chinese envelope!! (紅包/利事) Traditionally given during Chinese New year and contain money ^.^ though during the party a lot of friends kept asking for money off me -.-" I should of dressed up as a dumpling instead though finding/ making a hoop was too much effort for the round shape look I had in my head!


Fun and games were played- hanging a piece of lettuce from the ceiling and you're blindfolded to catch it, whilst hoisted piggy-back wise, lots of drinking and setting off floating lanterns into the sky, though nature did take it's course a bit bit blowing a few into the trees >.<' fortunately no fires were created


This was definitely a fun Chinese New Year Night out, something different away from the typical Chinese nights out in London like JnG, K Pop or Chi Night which was all the way in Greenwich at the O2 - TOO FAR!!! Plus, house parties are always much cheaper!!


恭喜發財 to everybody!!! (Happy Chinese New Year) 心想事成!! (Hope your dreams will come true)

No comments:

Post a Comment