Wednesday 7 December 2011

K Pop United Cube Concert lands to London



Beginning of the week I joined friends to the first big Korea Pop concert in London. I only heard the about United Cube who is the label of 4 Minute, GNA, B2ST who performed, via friends FB statuses, so I spontaneously decided to get a fellow K pop lover to join me. Though the tickets were a pinch especially with the booking/service charge £72 a ticket >.<” (Birthday present treat for myself!) on the upside they were giving away quite a few freebies including a T-shirt! ^.^

Taking place in Brixton Academy, good venue in my opinion, capacity for 3000, and the floor is slanted, so everyone can see! Was quite surprised how many eager K pop lovers there were queuing to get in! Compared to my friend and I just easily slipped in via the ticket office! Haha! But did regret not going to eat at the Nandos across the road before the concert (fail)

The venue I suppose was half full, but Korean Pop is still quite a new genre that has come across the West. The audience at the concert – Orientals! LOL!!

I was just laughing at some of the fanatics who were already standing towards the front stage watching the Artist’s MVs and screaming in hysteria when certain MVs started showing

When the bands finally came on it was really exciting ^.^

4 Minute opened up the show which was pretty exciting, great to hear them live and surprised to see they’re actually not that tall & are a normal dress size (8-10) compared to seeing them on camera looking like 6-8. Their dancing was pretty good however HyunA fell I didn't see it as I’m too short >.< it was good to see that band interacting with the audience

GNA who was ok but lip synced to be honest we weren’t really a fan of hers, but were surprised how good her English was! 

Then finally B2ST who were just brilliant, love their choreography. But Seriously the hysteria in the room was unreal that 3 people fainted?! They were pretty funny, though not so interactive to the audience compared to 4 Minute. But when the Thank you video of their's was being projected with their song Fiction, I really thought they wouldn't sing the song, but they did! Was happy when the sung Lightless, Pretty song -^.^-


I will admit I really enjoyed the concert; definitely a good night thought would have been worth more like £60. Now I’m just waiting for 2NE1 & Big Bang to come over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment