Wednesday 20 April 2011

Day out in Columbia Flower Market



In Devon, the typical Sunday activity I usually get up to with family is walking around the Sunday Markets.

Sunday just gone, I decided to join my friend for a stroll down in East London's Columbia Flower Market, as it was a sunny day didn't want to waste the day an it's one of the places I wanted to check out on London.

Only opened on Sundays 10am-2pm, but people and the bargains don't roll in till 1pm. On very sunny days this is definitely the perfect Sunday activity, though yes typically being London the Market gets crowded, and buzzing full of tourists, local Londoners buying flowers and plants as gifts for friends or for the home

I found haggling for my lilies pretty hard as the boss wouldn't budge the price saying wholesale they were £4.75. In the end I keeled over & paid the £6 now it's learning to look after them!

My friend Yee on the other hand had quite a few bargains 3 for £5 in the mix rain daisies & other floral plants, hopefully they'll survive on her 1st floor flat balcony by the river!

Columbia Road has such an aesthetic character, it's quirky and vintage, in a sense that there are musicians busking on the street, markets selling antique brick and brac. 

No comments:

Post a Comment