Sunday 13 March 2011

Weekend of excessive activities


So, my last weekend in Londontown before I headed over to literally the East. Being typical me, it was a jam packed weekend!
First things first, my damn body clock woke me up @ 7.15am on the Saturday morning... Hate it when that happens, dosed off till half hour later, the alarm goes off. Skyped the parents checking if they needed anything from Uk to HK, mum only wanted 2 bottles of brandy for £50 from the duty free. On that note mum is not a drinker but dad & his pals are & the liquor is for a dinner party we're doing! Ooh still need to find an outfit for that! 
Next out the house before 9am to get breakfast & refund another thing to trusty Primarni, so annoying to think something looks good on the hanger but is actually not flattering on my body. 
Then 10am getting to Euston for 2hour free Japanese class! Some Japanese came back to mind but some of the words were a bit tricky for the tongue to twist, practice makes perfect non? I will have to admit there were some REALLY Kawaii kids attending a different Japanese class, just so cute!

Spring was definitely coming as the day was very sunny and was nice seeing daffodils ^.^ 
Next stop, to Angel for La Dolce Vita, Itallian event @ the Islington business centre, a fair bit of Italian food though was mainly olive oils, bread a bit of meat and of course ice cream!
Top up for the evening my friends and I decided to go to this concert held at the Royal Festival Hall, £5 for a ticket wouldn't say no. I was definitely intrigued to know what this concert was; it was al I knew was there was VV Brown performing and was a celebration of International Women's Day
It was such an interesting and emotional concert where there were 5 powerful female artists - ESKA, VV Brown, Speech Debelle, Krystal Warren and African singer Annie-Flore Batchiellilys with host Baaba Maal.

Listening to this music was absolutely beautiful, the music is not usually what I listen to; a range of world music with brass and African percussions, the singing was just amazing and very   deep, particularly when ESKA and Annie such it just blew me away



I will say I knew there was a reason I wasn't a fan of Speech Debelle's music, it's too much MCing and urban for my taste, Kystal Warren's lyrics in her music were not bad but was another artist I wasn't feeling, her voice was quite low to what I was expecting 

It was great that this event was held, as it was the 1st ever concert held to mark International Women's Day, marking the 100th Birthday, I would definitely recommend people attending events like this, it's nice to do something different and listening to different genres of music, though my friend's brother didn't enjoy it much as it isn't really his type of music to listen to.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment