Wednesday 25 August 2010

The Staple garment for the Wardrobe

Ok So during the weekend I stayed around my friend's place over in East London, good old sleepover; we played Game of Life, Classic Board game quicker version of Monopoly and sang our hearts our with the 21st Century game of Sing Star, I'm proud to say the top scores for Lady Gaga's tunes are still doned by me ^.^ hehehe

The next day with as the girls were getting ready as they had a reservation for Marco Piere White's restaurant over in Battersea, Wendy's Brother was also getting ready and deciding what to wear. I thought I could be of assitance as I can stylize. My God, Danny doesn't have a lot in the wardrobe.

As we were deciding together, I suggested he'll need a shirt as the restaurant is high end, so best to dress smart casual; he only owns a smart black shirt from Ted Baker, not bad I have to say but nothing else? I asked him "what tee you thinking of wearing?" He didn't have a lot, majority of his T-shirts were placement prints with a cartoonish design.... I couldn't see any nice plain simple tees. So we sugessted together, the Yellow tee, goes well with the black shirt, adding brightness to something dark and the print can be hidden by buttoning up hiding the print.

Finally we hit the jeans. I asked him what jeans he was going to wear? Danny replied, "ones I'm wearing now." Mid blue slightly fading washed straight leg jeans. "Haven't you got any dark wash jeans?" I suggested, no was the reply. I had a bit of a heart attack.....

Surely like most women, we own that staple garment that's kept in the wardrobe, the LBD (Little Black Dress), Surely for a man, either a classic white shirt, but surely they must own a dark wash pair of jeans!! "WENDY! You need to take your brother shopping!!" Danny only shops during the sales but rarely shops for clothes and a broke student. If only I worked doing menswear as well and Denim, I would definitely donate a pair of dark wash jeans to him.

My days, no offence to you guys, I know some guys can be absolute lousy shoppers, but even the Average Joe (No pun intended for Nudie Jeans styled Denim) should have dark wash denim jeans doesn't even need to be black, stapled in the wardrobe, hand plant to the face....

No comments:

Post a Comment