Sunday 7 November 2010

Something fishy


Ok from the sound of the title I've given this post may sound very bizarre, but I decided to try out this new beauty treatment that's become the latest trend; the fish pedicure!

I first read about it in an article in the newspaper and I actually saw the tanks in a demo over in Selfridges a few months ago. I then saw the offer on livingsocial so I thought why not give it a try!

So over to Camden I went. As I was looking around in the Camden Lock Market for the unit, I finally found it and outside it was a small crowd of people fascinated by the tanks of small fish! Well in I went in popped my feet in the tank and the school of fish just came at my feet!

These fish in the wild usually are used as a cleaning station for larger fish in the wild eating the dead skin. In the wild I found out that these fish can grow up to 10cm!

The sensation felt very weird at first but was quite a nice comforting sensation. After 30min of my session feet out and they felt pretty soft! Overall I felt 30min was a good session but I did get a bit bored with nothing to do apart from watching the fish do their work! hehe!

But I think a proper pedicure is better, the Fish Pedi I think is more a novelty, compared to a proper pedicure feet done, nails filed & painted at the nail Salon

No comments:

Post a Comment