Sunday 13 June 2010

51st Post!

I have to say I think I'm doing pretty well with this New Years Resolution of bloggin about the things that i've been up to.... though a challenge to sit down and blog from the many activities I've been doing! hehehe!!
Well I finally get to sit down to blog the going on of this week's events!

Thanks to My cousin Oggy who has moved into the M25 bubble, He's quite the spontaneous out going character... hmm a bit familiar! haha! He randomly started talking to a couple of guys in the Vietnamese Restaurant in Shoreditch, and ending up having a few drinks with them; these guys are in a band called 'Semi Precious Weapons'.

I felt the name sort of rung a bell to me... I googled a tiny bit and thought, 'Ah! that frontman I've seen doing MTV Made'

Because of Oggy, I ended up meeting with them for a few drinks and they don't really know anybody. Typical me I decided to say why not, it'll be interesting!

Felt like a bit of a blind date to be honest, I didn't really have a clue of what they looked like, when we met up it was fine, I can stand out, Chinese person in Shoreditch sporting some bright purple tights, how many of those are there in that borough?

We ended up going to Brick Lane's Truman Brewery, around that area in the bar... forgot its name, but is a very lovely chilled environment, where a lot of people like to hang out and freelancers enjoy whipping their laptops out doing work to an eclectic mix of music. ^.^ OOH! The Cafe 1001! Just Googled!!
It was interesting to hear the stories of how they met, based in New York and studied music together at a music school, after graduating everyone felt the real world and realising it isn't easy to get that break; now they're touring around the world and supporting Lady Gaga! Amazing!!!

Have to admit the night was a bit surreal, meeting musicians, but I like it and was kool, seeing hot their process is a bit similar to the fashion world; plus its good to meet people from different industries and circles!


No comments:

Post a Comment